By Nita Johnson
LAUREL COUNTY, Ky. —
Five people were indicted for allegedly manufacturing methamphetamine and were additionally charged with engaging in organized crime.
Lowell Scott Jr., 40, and Shannon Scott, 39, both of 850 East Pittsburg Road; 28-year-old Jennifer Wallace, also known as Jennifer Jones and Jennifer Ogle, of 4462 Keavy Road; Jeffrey Campbell, 41, 487 Maple Grove School Road, and 22-year-old Timothy Roberts, all of London, were named in an indictment returned by a Laurel grand jury last Friday.
All five are charged with manufacturing methamphetamine, first offense; engaging in organized crime; and possession of drug paraphernalia on Jan. 16. The indictment claims the five had equipment and/or chemicals used to make methamphetamine as well as drug paraphernalia. The engaging in organized crime charge stems from the claims that they organized, conspired and participated among themselves and others to produce methamphetamine.
Jeffrey Campbell is additionally charged with being a first-degree persistent felony offender. Campbell has three prior felony convictions — two in Laurel County for possession of a firearm by a convicted felon in 2003 and theft by unlawful tasking in 2011. His first felony conviction occurred in Knox County in 1993 for theft by unlawful taking over $300.
Other indictments returned last week included:
• Garra Harp, 21, of 1914 Goodwin St. in Corbin - second-degree escape on Feb. 4 by escaping from the custody of Emcon Home Guard while on home incarceration for a felony offense.
• Johnny Curry, 341, of 37 Shirley Don Road in Manchester - flagrant non-support on his infant child from Mar. 1, 2007 through Mar. 21, 2014.
• Paul Bartley, 53, of 494 Left Fork Dry Branch Road in Jonancy, Ky. - flagrant non-support of his infant child from Aug. 1, 2004 through March 2014.
• Debbie Williams, 48, of 5 Osborne Lane in Corbin - second-degree trafficking in a controlled substances, first offense and third-degree trafficking in a controlled substance, first offense, stemming from an incident on Dec. 10 in which Williams allegedly sold 20 or more Hydrocodone pills and 20 or more Alprazoam pills.
• Edith Jones, 56, and Kenneth Smallwood, 38, no addresses listed - indicted on charges of first-degree trafficking in a controlled substances, first offense for selling two grams of more of methamphetamine on Dec. 10 and Dec. 16, and theft by unlawful taking over $500 but under $10,000 for taking cash for a drug transaction from an informant with the Laurel County Sheriff’s Office. She is also charged with being a second-degree persistent felony offender, having a prior conviction of first-degree possession of a controlled substance in Laurel County in 2009.
Smallwood is charged with first-degree trafficking in a controlled substance, first offense for selling two grams of methamphetamine on Dec. 16 and tampering with physical evidence for “destroying, mutilating, concealing, removing, or altering” physical evidence that could have been used in a legal proceeding.
• Tonya Rush, 31, 567 Tobacco Road in London - flagrant non-support of her two children. The indictment states that child support payments are behind on one child from Aug. 1, 2006 until the present time, while child support on a second child has been inconsistent from Sept. 1, 2006 through March 2014.
• Richard Elkins II, 39, of 46 Roaden Lane in London - flagrant non-support of his child from Sept. 12, 2002 through Mar. 21, 2014.
• Regina Pennington, 36, of 229 Rockcastle Road in Manchester - three counts of flagrant non-support for her three children from Aug. 25, 2011 through March 2014; and second-degree persistent felony offender with a prior felony conviction in Laurel County in 2010 for cultivating more than five marijuana plants.
• Israel Miller, 40, of 1543 Paw Paw Road in Manchester - flagrant non-support of his child from Feb. 1, 1998 through March 2014.
• Timothy Greene, 21, of 73 Spring Road in Lebanon, Ky. - flagrant non-support of his child from Oct. 1, 2009 through March 2014, and second-degree persistent felony offender for a prior felony conviction in Taylor County in 2007 for possession of a controlled substance.
• John Stafford, 45, 111 Mitchell Creek Road in London - flagrant non-support of his two children from July 1, 2010 through March 2014; and first-degree persistent felony offender with two prior felony convictions in Laurel County for second-degree trafficking in a controlled substance in 2001 and facilitation to manufacturing methamphetamine in 2004.
An indictment is an accusation only and does not imply guilt or innocence.