By Nita Johnson
LAUREL COUNTY, Ky. —
A man who forged a signature on a plumbing inspection application and did work on a local business was indicted in a six-count indictment on Friday.
Derrick Feltner, 25, of 2228 Ky. 3434 in East Bernstadt, is charged with two counts of second-degree forgery, no plumbing license, no liability insurance, no plumbing installation permit, and false representation of a licensed electrical contractor stemming from work he performed at Mandy's Salon on Jan. 24.
Feltner is accused of signing the name of another person on an application for plumbing inspection, signing someone else's name to the receipt, and not having the proper licenses to perform the work. According to the indictment, Feltner did not possess the license or have liability insurance to perform plumbing and electrical work on the business.
Other indictments were:
• Erik M. Farmer, 25, of 2528 Somerset Road in London, was charged with the July 29 burglary of a residence in which he took a firearm, air compressor, and jewelry. He was indicted for theft of a firearm and theft by unlawful taking over $500.
• Stephanie Bumgardner, 19, of McFadden Lane in London, was indicted for theft by unlawful taking over $500 but less than $10,000 and four counts of theft by unlawful taking over $10,000. The indictment comes from an incident on Jan. 30 in which Bumgardner allegedly took cash, rings, bracelets, necklaces, a gold nugget watch, and other jewelry from a residence.
• Billy Gray, 28, also known as Billie Gray, of 519 Lost Fork Road in Manchester, was indicted for two counts of theft by unlawful taking over $500 and being a first-degree persistent felony offender. Gray is accused of taking a guitar from another person on Aug. 5 and again on Sept. 16. Gray has prior felony convictions in Laurel County in 2005 for theft by unlawful taking and received a five-year sentence. In 2012, he was convicted of attempted manufacturing of methamphetamine in Clay County and received a five-year sentence.
• Denver Bunch, 40, of 46 Norwood Drive in Gray, is charged with flagrant non-support of his child from July 2005 through February 2013.
• Melissa A. Thomes, also known as Melissa Graham, 33, of 13095 Kenton Station Road in Morning View, Ky., is charged with possessing a controlled substance on May 18, 2012. Thomes allegedly possessed a quantity of cocaine on that date.
An indictment is an accusation only and does not imply guilt or innocence.