LAUREL COUNTY, Ky. —
The ongoing challenge to collect child support for the county’s children led to the indictments of nine people this month.
A Laurel grand jury returned indictments on Friday, April 18 on parents who have fallen behind or failed to make regular child support payments for six months or more and being over $1,000 behind.
Those indicted included:
• Joannie Rogers, 34, also known as Joannie Davis and Joannie Allen, of 933 Payne Trail in London, for flagrant non-support of two children from March 16, 2011 until April 2014. She is also charged with failing to pay child support on two other children during the same time frame as well as another child from Dec. 5, 2012 through April 2014. An additional charge of being a second-degree persistent felony offender is the fourth charge on the indictment.
• Daniel Binder, 25, of 1082 Old Crab Orchard Road in London, for flagrant non-support of his two children from Oct. 19, 2011 through April 2014.
• Curtis Simpson Jr., 52, of 416 N. 2nd St. in Richmond, for flagrant non-support of his child from Jan. 20, 1984 through April 2014.
• Anthony Schumaker, 20, 403 Spring St. in Lexington, for flagrant non-support of his child from Sept. 8, 2011 through April 2014. He is also charged with being a second-degree persistent felony offender, having a prior felony conviction in 2010.
• Joan Gilbert, 43, also known as Joan Gay, of 639 Maplesville Road in London, for failing to pay child support as court-ordered from May 24, 2012 through April 2014.
• David Sizemore, 40, of 2380 East Ky. 1376 in East Bernstadt - for failure to pay child support as court ordered from Feb. 25, 2001 through April 2014.
• Joshua Prater, 25, of 590 Byrley Road in Corbin, for flagrant non-support of his child between Dec. 21, 2010 through April 2014.
• Leonard Fisher III, 56, 1106 Fifth Ave. in Dayton, Ky., for failing to pay child support on his two children between Mar. 1, 2002 and April 2014.
• Scott Reed, 33, of 435 Vanzant Road in Lily, for failure to pay child support payments as court ordered on his three children between May 5, 2006 and April 2014.
An indictment is an accusation only and does not imply guilt or innocence.