LAUREL COUNTY, Ky. —
Walker made the following tips to help people stay safe this holiday season:
• Even one drink can impair your judgment and increase the risk of getting arrested for driving drunk-or worse, the risk of having a crash while driving.
• If you will be drinking, do not plan on driving. Plan ahead; designate a sober driver before the party begins.
• If you have been drinking, do not drive. Call a taxi, phone a sober friend or family member, or use public transportation.
• Be responsible. If someone you know is drinking, do not let that person get behind the wheel.
• If you see an impaired driver on the road, contact law enforcement. Your actions may save someone’s life, and inaction could cost a life.
For more information, visit www.trafficsafetymarketing.gov.