LAUREL COUNTY, Ky. —
Five of the 20 persons involved in a drug roundup last month now face federal charges for their deeds.
Laurel County Sheriff’s Detective Jason Back and Detective Brad Mitchell, along with the London Office of the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) indicted five persons into U.S. District Court regarding the ongoing distribution of Oxycodone. They are each charged with conspiracy to distribute Oxycodone.
The following persons were indicted in federal court last week:
• Christopher Smallwood, 39, of Lon Chadwell Road in Corbin
• Richard Burns, 35, of Hazel Patch Road in East Bernstadt
• Autumn Luster, 31, of John Parker Road in London
• Melvin Eugene Mounts, 35, of Caleb Lane in Corbin
• Marion Farris, 53, of Clark Lane in Lily