By Nita Johnson
LAUREL COUNTY, Ky. —
More than 25 people were indicted by a Laurel County Grand Jury last week on drug-related charges.
An indictment is a formal charge and does not imply guilt.
• John Sizemore, 38, and Julie Smith, 38, also known as Julia Smith, both of 223 Sowder Lane, London, were charged with first-degree trafficking controlled substance for possessing for the purpose of sale, Oxycodone and Alprazolam on May 7. Owen Johnson, 69, of 909 Bullock Drive in London, is also named in the indictment for a second offense of trafficking in Oxycodone and Alprazolam.
• Heidi Iles, 26, North Hill Street, London, and Brittany Blackwell, 22, 17 Ravenwood Circle, London, were indicted for selling Oxycodone on April 27. Iles is also charged with selling Oxycodone on April 5 and April 27 and second-degree persistent felony offender.
• Layton McQueen, 27, of 260 Bennett Lane, Apt. 1, London, is charged with selling Oxycodone to a police informant on April 19.
• Nicholas B. Coffey, 29, 1999 Riverbend Road, London, is charged with first-degree possession of controlled substance, second or subsequent offense, possession of drug paraphernalia and cultivating marijuana on July 2. Coffey possessed methamphetamine, marijuana plants and Tramadol. He is also charged with first-degree persistent felony offender.
• Kenny Smith, 27, 2752 Otter Creek Road, Manchester, is charged with possessing methamphetamine, Oxycodone and second offense driving under the influence of alcohol/intoxicants on March 18.
• Melissa Burton, 29, and Calvin Allen, 48, both of 189 Valley Lane, Apt. 1, are charged with selling methamphetamine to a police informant on four different dates in May. They are also charged with manufacturing methamphetamine on May 27.
• Ernest Lane, 68, 123 Herrington Heights, Lancaster, is charged with second-degree trafficking in a controlled substance for selling hydrocodone to a police informant on May 22.
• Patrick Chandler, 53, 1971 Willie Green Road, London, is charged with manufacturing methamphetamine for possessing chemicals and/or equipment used in the process of making meth on May 17.
• Christopher Southard, 22, 215 River Hill Road, London, and James Arthur, 42, 825 Gail Ave., London, face multiple drug charges stemming from Arthur’s failure to stop at a stop sign and police then finding drugs in the vehicle. Arthur is charged with persistent felony offender as well. Both Arthur and Southard are charged with manufacturing methamphetamine, possession of anhydrous ammonia, possession of controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia on Jan. 5. They both face first-degree wanton endangerment charges for the passenger in the vehicle.
• Jeffrey Baxter, 34, and James Miller, both of 707 E. Fourth Street, London, and Losie Smith, 33, also known as Losa Smith, of Tyner, are charged with manufacturing methamphetamine on May 21. Baxter is charged with first-degree trafficking a controlled substance for selling methamphetamine and for cultivating marijuana.
• Clayton Hall, 49, 42 Vanover Road, London, is charged with manufacturing methamphetamine on June 8 and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Matthew Jackson, 23, 838 Oneal Road, London, and Andy Radford, 35, 75 Chapel Road, East Bernstadt, were indicted for manufacturing methamphetamine on April 9. They are also charged with tampering with physical evidence for trying to hide the illegal substance. Jackson is additionally charged with third offense driving under the influence, third offense of driving on revoked or suspended license, disregarding a stop sign and first-degree fleeing and evading police for failure to stop when signaled by Laurel sheriff’s officials to do so. Radford is charged with second-degree fleeing and evading police when he tried to outrun the officers.
• Larry Baker, 32, and Elmer Anderson, 22, both of 408 Taylor Road, London, are charged with first-offense manufacturing methamphetamine. Anderson is also charged with second-offense possession of drug paraphernalia. Baker is charged with first-offense possession of drug paraphernalia and second-degree persistent felony offender. The offenses occurred on Dec. 12.
• Claude Powell Jr., 44, 703 Douglas Boulevard, Corbin, and Brittany Yaden, 21, 518 Norwood Drive, East Bernstadt, were indicted for first offense manufacturing methamphetamine on Dec. 20. Powell is also charged with second-degree persistent felony offender.
• Mark Elkins, 41, Michelle Cromer, 39, and Shannon Proffitt, 20, all of 1974 Lily Road, London, and Joseph Gibson, 29, 4346 Barbourville Road, London, are charged in a plan to produce methamphetamine in January. Gibson and Proffitt are charged with distributing a meth precursor on Jan. 5 and Jan. 21. Elkins and Cromer are charged with possessing chemicals and/or equipment to produce meth, possessing anhydrous ammonia to produce meth and first offense possession of drug paraphernalia on Jan. 21.
• Mason Allen, 41, and Bonnie Lockaby, 30, both of 3598 S. Laurel Road, London, face charges of criminal conspiracy to manufacture methamphetamine, possession of drug paraphernalia and unlawful possession of a meth precursor on Jan. 11. Allen is also charged with manufacturing methamphetamine, possession of methamphetamine and cultivating less than five marijuana plants, all on April 19. Allen is also charged with excessive window tinting.
• Eight people were indicted for manufacturing methamphetamine and possessing materials used in the process of producing meth in April. Brandon Smith, 28, 385 Power Plant Road, London; Sammy Bowling, 24, 259 Joe Morgan Road, London; Kenneth Dewey Lewis Jr., 41, Ky. 1228, Box 293, East Bernstadt; Terri Schiller, 48, and Dale Richard Moore, 48, of 2975 London Dock Road, London are charged with manufacturing meth and unlawful possession of meth precursors on April 4. Smith, Bowling and Kenneth Lewis Jr. are also charged with first-degree possession of controlled substance and first-degree wanton endangerment. Smith and Bowling are also charged with first-degree fleeing or evading police for attempting to run from a police officer on April 5. Smith is additionally charged with resisting arrest and persistent felony offender. Brandon Kyle Dixon, 31, 1601 Clark’s Bottom Road, London; Brandon Gaberiel Hyden, 34, 1360 London Dock Road, London; and Amber Schiller, 23, 2975 London Dock Road, London were all indicted for unlawful distribution of meth precursors on April 5.
• Irvine Johnson, 28, also known as Irvin Johnson; Jesse Smallwood, 21, and Blackie Johnson, 25, all of 6371 Johnson Road, London, were indicted on charges of criminal conspiracy to manufacture methamphetamine from Jan. 28 through March 31, unlawful possession of meth precursors on Jan. 28, and trafficking meth on March 31. All three also are charged with fourth-degree controlled substance endangerment to a child, possession of methamphetamine and possession of a police radio. Smallwood and Johnson are charged with possession of meth precursors. Irvine Johnson, who has prior felony offenses in Whitley County, is charged with possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
Non-drug related indictments handed out by a Laurel County Jury last week:
• Covey Brock, 24, 49 Finley Trailer Park, London, theft by unlawful taking of $500 or more but less than $10,000 for stealing rings Jan. 13.
• Terry Blevins, 33, 498 Popular Hollow Road, London, receiving stolen property less than $500 — a utility trailer stolen March 22.
• Joshua Gill, 24, 130 Southard Road, London, first-degree wanton endangerment for engaging in conduct that created a danger of death or serious physical injury to Kentucky State Police Trooper Michelle Lunsford; first-degree fleeing or evading police; disregarding a traffic control device; operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of intoxicants, second offense; and possession of marijuana on March 11.
• Mark Foster, 41, 4310 Weubold Lane, Cincinnati, three counts of first-degree wanton endangerment on April 10 for driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs, for which he is also charged. A fifth charge of first-degree assault against a man whose vehicle Foster struck is also listed.
• Amy Lake, 32, 225 Henry Martin Road, Barbourville, driving on revoked/suspended license, third-degree assault against a police officer and giving an officer a false name on June 2.
• John Parker, 38, 239 Rader Ridge Road, London, third-degree assault against constable Eldon Brown on June 6 after Parker was trespassing on Russell Brown’s property. Parker is also charged with attempted burglary and theft by unlawful taking less than $300. Parker allegedly fled the scene of the attempted burglary, resulting in another charge of fleeing or evading police.
• Kenneth Martin Jr., 39, 220 E. Fourth St., London, first-degree attempted robbery on June 8 by using a firearm during an attempt to rob Thompson Drug. He is also charged with possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and first-degree persistent felony offender.
• Kaney Hoskins, 23, 1595 Pennington Drive, East Bernstadt, two counts of first-degree burglary and two counts of theft of a firearm on Jan. 21 and Jan. 25 for entering two homes on those dates and stealing guns.
• Jason Williamson, 34, 514 W. 16th St., Apt. No. 192, London, two counts of third-degree burglary, two counts of theft by unlawful taking over $500, and one count of criminal mischief stemming from an incident on June 2 in which he is accused of breaking into and taking items from B.J.’s Laundry Mat and Pine Hill Apartments office. The criminal mischief charge stems from Williamson allegedly damaging two quarter game machines in the Laundromat.
• Jeremy Reams, 26, 1445 Taylor Bridge Road, London, is charged with breaking into a home and taking a gun, cash, jewelry and other items valued more than $500 and less than $10,000 on May 29.
• Jennifer Brown, 38, also known as Jennifer Johnson, 2656 Twin Branch Road, London, is charged with stealing a ring valued at more than $500 on June 6. She is also charged with second-degree persistent felony offender, with prior convictions in Laurel County on charges of trafficking a controlled substance and third-degree assault.
• Elizabeth Hale, 40, 3529 Amber King Court, Lexington, six counts of stealing and writing checks on the estate of a deceased family member overseen by another family member. The six checks total $221,107.28. Hale is charged with second-degree persistent felony offender and has a prior felony offense for theft by unlawful taking over $300 in Fayette County in 2002.
• Michael Francis, 27, 1890 Lily Road, London, and James F. Tankersley, 33, 2583 Lily Road, London, are charged with breaking into and taking TVs and tools from Bingo Zone on Nov. 9. Michael Francis is charged as second-degree persistent felony offender.
• Charles Goforth, 39, 262 Litton Cemetery Road, East Bernstadt, receiving stolen property valued at more than $500 for possessing train wheels that had been stolen between Feb. 24 and 26.
• Terry Blevins, 33, 498 Poplar Hollow Road, London, receiving stolen property less than $500 for possessing a utility trailer stolen March 22.
• Jeff House, 48, no address listed, six counts of second-degree forgery and seven counts of theft by deception for forging a signature on checks and taking money from an account of another individual on 11 occasions between March 7 and May 6.
• Steven Rush, 38, 276 Pleasure View Road, London, first-degree bailjumping on May 24 for failure to appear in Laurel Circuit Court as directed by his bond requirements. He is also charged with second-degree persistent felony offender and has three prior felony convictions for burglary and theft.
• Ernest Clay Hammons, 37, 716 Mapleville School Road, London, first-degree bailjumping for failing to appear in Laurel Circuit Court on May 28 as directed in his bail bond.
• Michael Williams, 39, 170 James Gibson Road, London, first-degree bail jumping for failing to appear in Laurel Circuit Court on May 21.
• Lukeshia Napier Collett-Sowder, 37, 160 Drewey Lane, London, first-degree bail jumping for failing to appear in Laurel Circuit Court on May 24.
• Randy Collier, 49, 126 Grace Loop Road, London, first-degree bail jumping for failing to appear in Laurel Circuit Court on May 24.
• Myron Keith Litton, 37, 376 A Earl Howard Road, Keavy, or 140 Letner Lane, Helenwood, Tenn., flagrant non-support for failing to pay child support to his four children from November to present, owing more than $1,000.
• Rebecca Hammack, also known as Rebecca Britton, 31, 2592 Philpot Road, London, fraudulently reporting and receiving $136 in food stamp benefits and $5,619.88 in Medicaid benefits from June through October 2009.
• Earl Jackson, 33, 367 Cherry Ave., Corbin, committing program assistance fraud in failing to report a change in factors affecting eligibility for food stamp benefits and fraudulently obtaining $11,463 in food stamp benefits to which he was not entitled; committing the offense of program assistance fraud by knowingly and unlawfully reporting a change in factors affecting eligibility for Medicaid benefits and fraudulently obtaining $410.70 in Medicaid benefits to which he was not entitled.