A MESSAGE FROM THE SOCIAL SECURITY ADMINISTRATION: How to Get Help from Social Security – Social Security is here to help. We want you to know how to get the service you need and to be prepared so we can help you as quickly and safely as possible.
• Go online to SSA.gov – our website is the best way for most people to get help.
• If you cannot use our website – call our National 800 Number (1-800-772-1213) or your local Social Security office for help.
• We will schedule an appointment for you, if necessary, to serve you by phone or in person.
What to Know if You Must Visit an Office:
• You must have an appointment to visit an office.
• Masks are required for all office visitors and employees, regardless of vaccination status.
• Visitor capacity is limited to follow physical distance requirements. This means you may need to wait outside, so plan for cold or bad weather.
• We ask that you come alone unless you require help with your visit. If you require help, we can only permit one person to accompany you.
We appreciate your patience and understanding.
HOW TO SET FITNESS GOALS FOR THE NEW YEAR: The start of a new year is a great time to set a new fitness goal! Setting goals can help you establish a fitness routine, monitor your progress, and stay on track.
• Short-term goals are tasks that you can accomplish in the present or very near future. For example:
o Having the appropriate shoes and clothing for exercise
o Finding a fitness class you can safely participate in
o Starting an exercise log or worksheet to monitor your progress
• Long-term goals should focus on where you want to be in the future. They should be realistic, personal, and important to you. For example:
o Being able to walk or swim a mile by the end of the year
o Losing a certain amount of weight in six months (if recommended by your doctor)
o Improving your overall fitness in two years
For more information on ways you can set fitness goals, visit nih.gov.