As the brick facing nears competition, workers are busy installing windows in the new Laurel County Judicial Center on South Main Street.
Construction on the $23.7 million project is scheduled to be completed in spring 2010.
The building will house the circuit courtroom and its related offices, the office of the regional court administrator, the law library and the jury room from the Laurel County Courthouse. The family and district courtrooms, pretrial services, the office of court-designated workers, Laurel County Juvenile Services and Circuit Court Clerk’s Office, which are in other building spread around the downtown area, also will move.
County officials said previously they hope to rent out the space in the courthouse and annex buildings.
This Week's Circulars
- Corbin man arrested in southern Laurel bank robbery
- MY POINT IS...Remembering Sue Minton
- McFaddens murder case still pending
- Laurel Schools police department serving as model
- Man dies in single vehicle crash on Sunday
- Deeds Recorded, Sept. 12
- Michael's opens with welcoming customers
- World Chicken Festival a huge success
- Woman arrested for shooting gun near roadway, hotel
- 49-0 halftime deficit too much for Cards to overcome in loss to Pulaski Co.