Tara Prewitt, 24, of Keavy, died Tuesday when the Kia Optima she was driving apparently slid out of control and was T-boned by a Southern Belle Dairy delivery truck on KY 363 just north of Storms Lane in the Keavy area.
Earl Brock, the driver the truck, said Prewitt lost control and began to spin on the rain-soaked road.
“She came around the curve sideways,” Brock said.
Brock’s Ford FL 170 truck crashed into Prewitt’s Kia, caving in the right side of the car.
Prewitt was pronounced dead at the scene. Brock said he was not injured.
Traffic on KY 363 was closed as emergency personnel worked to clear the scene.
Ambulance Inc. of Laurel County, the London-Laurel Rescue Squad, Kentucky State Police, KSP Division of Commercial Vehicle Enforcement, Keavy Fire Department and the Laurel County coroner responded.
React to this story:
- Levi Jackson Park discussions lead to controversy at city tourism meeting
- UPDATE: Drowning victim identified as London man
- Laurel County PVA and Clerk's Offices closed due to COVID-19 exposure
- London man arrested on several charges after reportedly kidnapping ex-girlfriend
- Laurel grand jury indicts 3 on separate murder charges
- Two arrested for meth, cash and gun
- Community Come Together event set for weekend
- Six arrested in drug trafficking investigation
- London woman gets jail time for having meth in courtroom
- Arrests Oct. 5-11, 2020