The East Bernstadt Independent School Board approved a motor vehicle tax rate at its Aug. 13 meeting.
The motor vehicle tax stayed the same as last year at 27.4 cents per $100 of accessed value. The real estate and personal property tax have not yet been determined.
In other business, the board:
• Approved the second reading of board policy revisions.
“Basically, these are reflections of the changes that were made in the law the last legislative session,” Superintendent Homer Radford said. “These policy revisions bring us up to date.”
• Approved procedure revisions.
• Approved American Fidelity Insurance Company as the school cafeteria plan administrator.
• Approved a bell schedule for students for the 2009-10 school year. School will begin at 7:55 a.m. and end at 3 p.m. Monday through Thursday and will begin at 7:55 a.m. and end at 1 p.m. on Friday.
“Employees will stay until their regular dismissal time on Friday,” Radford noted.
• Approved distribution of Bibles by the Gideon organization to fifth-graders.
• Approved using classrooms in the middle school building for GED classes.
• Approved the final plans for the parent drop-off and parking lot addition. Approved BG2 and BG3 forms. Approved releasing for bids the plans for the parent drop off and parking lot, contingent upon the approval of the school’s facility’s management in Frankfort.
• Approved the attendance of board members and superintendent to the annual school conference next April. “For those who chose to go, they do get credit, training hours, for attending that conference,” Radford said.
The next board meeting is scheduled for 5 p.m. Sept. 10 in the administration building.
Staff writer Carol Mills can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
Mrs. Georgia Marie (Wilson) Jones, age 76, of Shepherdsville returned to her Heavenly Father on September 16, 2021. She was a member of Hebron Presbyterian Church and was a retired elementary school teacher, mainly educating the students at Brooks Elementary. She is preceded in death by her …
- World Chicken Festival offers fun, food and festivities; Thursday marks opening of 32nd celebration in downtown London
- CROSSTOWN BLOWOUT: Christian Larkey scores three TDs as North Laurel hands Cardinals their 20th consecutive loss
- Assault, drug indictments returned Friday
- MY POINT IS... A board without power is pointless
- UPDATE: London woman identified as victim found bound to bed in man's residence
- Civil Suits Filed Sept. 1-16, 2021
- Marriage Licenses Issued Aug. 31-Sept. 7, 2021
- Arrests, Aug. 31-Sept. 2, 2021
- CHAT volleyball remains unbeaten against 13th Region teams with win over South Laurel
- 4-0 Jaguars to face 0-5 Cardinals in Crosstown Showdown Thursday