Superintendent Homer Radford again received high marks during his annual evaluation from the East Bernstadt Independent School Board.
“He’s an excellent person and does an excellent job,” Board Chairman Gene Allen said. “We’re real fortunate to have him.”
The board only had one suggestion for Radford.
“No one had anything negative to say about him,” Allen said. “They had one suggestion and that was to have more staff meetings to see if they’re any problems. Everything is going good.”
Radford thanked the board and gave credit to his subordinates for the district’s success.
“I am very, very fortunate to be able to have a good board to work with and work for, and I feel very fortunate to have the opportunity to serve the children and this community,” Radford said. “I have a great faculty and staff to work with and we were pleased with the evaluation.”
Other matters the board members acted on at their June 11 meeting included:
• Approved a substitute salary schedule for the 2009-10 school year with a 1 percent raise.
• Agreed to purchase membership in the Kentucky School Board Association for the coming year.
• Approved a payroll calendar for the coming year for the first of the month for all employees.
• Approved a one-year contract with the option of extending it to an additional year with the IBM Corporation for service and maintenance to the computer servers.
• Signed a district assurance agreement of federal and state programs.
“By this, we’re indicating that the district will comply with all federal and state laws related to the programs,” Radford said.
• Voted to extend the purchase of fuel for buses and equipment from the Red Head Oil Company through Town and Country Market in East Bernstadt.
The next board meeting is scheduled for 5 p.m. July 9 in the administration building.
Staff writer Carol Mills can be reached at email@example.com.