It took Matthew Oliver two attempts, but he did plead guilty to exposing himself Wednesday morning at the BP truck stop on West KY 80.
London Police were called to the truck stop about 1:45 a.m. to investigate a complaint that an elderly man had been exposing himself.
Office Doug Thomas found Oliver, 80, of Baldwin, Pa., lying on the bench in front of the store with his pants pulled down below his buttocks.
Oliver was arrested and charged with one count of first-degree indecent exposure.
At his arraignment Wednesday in Laurel District Court, officials said Oliver initially pleaded not guilty to the charge. At the end of the court session, Oliver was brought back before Judge John Chappell and changed his plea to guilty.
Chappell sentenced Oliver to 30 days in jail, which was conditionally discharged provided he have no more violations for 24 months . Oliver also was ordered to pay a $100 fine.
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
Mrs. Georgia Marie (Wilson) Jones, age 76, of Shepherdsville returned to her Heavenly Father on September 16, 2021. She was a member of Hebron Presbyterian Church and was a retired elementary school teacher, mainly educating the students at Brooks Elementary. She is preceded in death by her …
- World Chicken Festival offers fun, food and festivities; Thursday marks opening of 32nd celebration in downtown London
- CROSSTOWN BLOWOUT: Christian Larkey scores three TDs as North Laurel hands Cardinals their 20th consecutive loss
- Assault, drug indictments returned Friday
- MY POINT IS... A board without power is pointless
- UPDATE: London woman identified as victim found bound to bed in man's residence
- Marriage Licenses Issued Aug. 31-Sept. 7, 2021
- CHAT volleyball remains unbeaten against 13th Region teams with win over South Laurel
- Arrests, Aug. 31-Sept. 2, 2021
- Civil Suits Filed Sept. 1-16, 2021
- 4-0 Jaguars to face 0-5 Cardinals in Crosstown Showdown Thursday