The Laurel County Animal Shelter is at Ky. 192 and Ky. 229 on Chris Hamlin Lane. Adoption fees are $100 for dogs and $65 for cats, which includes spaying or neutering. The shelter is open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday, Wednesday, Friday; 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday, Thursday; and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday. Call 864-6319 to inquire about these and other animals.
This Week's Circulars
Geneva Combs, 79, wife of Alfred Combs, East Bernstadt, passed Thursday, July 9, 2020 at Hillcrest Health and Rehab, Corbin. Services 1 p.m. Sunday, London Funeral Home. Burial at Combs Cemetery. Visitation 6 p.m. Saturday at funeral home.
John Henry McGeorge, 88, of London, passed away Friday, July 10, 2020, at St. Joseph - London. He was born on July 10, 1932, in Jackson County, Kentucky, the son of the late Robert and Edith Woods McGeorge. He is survived by his wife, Lillie Mae York McGeorge of London, four sons, Charles Mc…
- Knox, Laurel in top 10 hotspots for COVID-19 in Ky.
- Executive order to require Kentuckians to wear masks in public beginning Friday at 5 p.m.
- Walmart in Corbin reopened after evacuation Saturday
- London man dies when UTV strikes tree
- Relatively new tick-borne illness, alpha-gal syndrome
- NL and SL release KHSAA Triple Threat Award winners
- London-Laurel Rescue Squad assist in recovering drowning victim in Jackson County
- Laurel County reports a COVID-19 related death
- Kentucky Baptist pastor concerned about treatment of churches
- Laurel Sheriff's Office seeking information on Friday shooting