A Corbin man is facing an additional charge of promoting contraband after a strip search at the Laurel County County Detention Center turned up $110 in cash.
Darrell W. Sizemore, 55, was being booked into the jail about 9:45 a.m. Wednesday following his arrest for public intoxication when deputy jailers found the money.
Jail officials stated in the arrest report that Sizemore hid the money inside his underwear.
According to jail officials, inmates are ordered to produce any items on their person when they are being booked into the jail with a warning that if they don’t, they could face additional charges for anything the deputy jailers find. Any cash is collected and put on the books in the inmate’s name and returned to the inmate when the inmate is released.
React to this story:
- Civil Suits Filed Nov. 5-11, 2020
- 82-year-old East Bernstadt man gets a buck as deer hunting season opens
- Man charged with imprisonment, assault
- BREAKING NEWS: Gov. Beshear announces new COVID-19 restrictions for Kentucky
- If numbers don't improve, more restrictions likely, Beshear says
- Lights Around London offering prizes for decorating
- London restaurant keeps dining room open; Officials could suspend food service license
- TRACES OF LAUREL: Jailers of the Fifth Jail of Laurel County
- MY POINT IS... Saint Joseph London - A new perspective
- Deeds Recorded, Nov. 4 - Nov. 10, 2020