A woman who threatened her probation officer with a gun was indicted Friday.
Kelly Jo Farris, 32, 568 Brock Lane, London, was charged with first-degree wanton endangerment and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon when she met her probation officer with a gun on June 10.
Pam Bentley reportedly struggled with Farris to obtain possession of the gun, causing the wanton endangerment charge. Farris had a prior felony conviction in Knox Circuit Court in 2007 for making a false statement in get prescription drugs.
Others indicted include:
• Jessie Jackson, 20, and Steven Rush, 39, no addresses, were indicted for a July 9 burglary at the home of Charles Tringo in which jewelry, a TV, tools and other items were taken. Jackson is charged with theft by unlawful taking over $500 but less than $10,000, second-degree burglary and second-degree persistent felony offender, with two prior felonies in Laurel Circuit Court in 2005 for burglary and theft. Rush was charged with receiving stolen property valued over $500 and less than $10,000.
• Samantha Joy Lindsey, 28, 224 Sowders Lane, London, multiple counts of second-degree criminal possession of a forged instrument for forging the name of Bonnie Quillen on 10 checks between July 11 and Sept. 1. The 10 checks totaled $845.92.
• Billy Abrams, 33, 1174 Parker Road, London, theft by deception over $300 for using a stolen check to purchase flooring from Tri-State Wholesale on April 11, 2008.
• Laura Roark, 29, 64 Slate Lick Road, London; Christopher Sams, 30, 466 U.S. 27, Burnside; and James Lorence, 27, no address listed, first offense manufacturing methamphetamine on June 17. Lorence is also charged with second-degree persistent felony offender.
• Keith Pope, 51, c/o Kreative Customs, 177 Collins Lane, London, seven counts of theft by failure to make required disposition of $300 or more. Pope allegedly took money and car parts from six different people over a period of nearly four years.
• Douglas Wyrick, 26, 114 Underpass Road, Lily, first-degree sodomy and incest for having sexual relations with a child under age 12.
• Pamela Chance, also known as Pamela Tiller, 32, 1699 Parker Road, London, first-degree promoting contraband, possession of controlled substance, public intoxication and second-degree disorderly conduct. The incidents occurred Sept. 2 when Chance was allegedly intoxicated and kicked a Laurel County Sheriff’s deputy cruiser. The promoting contraband charge stems from Chance possessing Diazepam during the booking process at the Laurel County Detention Center.
• Virginia Buttery, 24, 348 Bently Road, East Bernstadt, theft by unlawful taking of $10,000 or more of merchandise from Walmart on April 30.
• Travis Merritt, 29, 5910 West Laurel Road, London, second-degree criminal possession of forged instrument for submitting a check from Hyden Citizens Bank for $8,400 to Cumberland Valley National Bank on Aug. 14.
• Randy Jones, 29, 410 Morentown Road, London, first offense manufacturing methamphetamine on May 12.
• William Gloff Jr., 42, 31 Harbell Heights, Pineville, fraudulent use of a credit card of over $500 but less than $10,000 on April 16 by using a credit card without the owner’s permission to purchase merchandise and pay bills.
• Arnold Holt, 41, 72 Middleground Way, London, first-degree possession of controlled substance (methamphetamine), first offense, on April 30.
• Jeremy Napier, 29, 177 Hemlock Drive, Hyden, first offense manufacturing methamphetamine on July 30.
• Roger Sizemore, 35, 138 Brandon Mill Road, London, third-degree burglary, theft by unlawful taking over $500 but less than $10,000 and second-degree persistent felony offender from an incident on June 24 in which he allegedly entered a building and took a Husky lawnmower and other items. Sizemore has a 2004 felony conviction in Laurel County.
• Joseph Sizemore, 29, 411 Clearview Road, London, theft by unlawful taking over $500 but less than $10,000 for taking a trailer belonging to Laurel County DARE on June 25.
• Tommy Jones, 63, 941 Sugar Camp Road, London, theft by unlawful taking over $500 but less than $10,000 of a trailer belonging to Laurel County DARE on June 14.
• Donald Liford II, 27, 275 Levi Road, London, theft by unlawful taking over $500 and less than $10,000, first-degree criminal mischief, three counts of attempted theft by unlawful taking over $500 but less than $10,000, and second-degree criminal mischief. According to the indictment, on July 19 Liford stole a 1996 Ford Ranger belonging to Sherry and Darrell Hale and damaged the vehicle. The attempted theft of a 1998 Ford F-250 truck, a 1983 Ford F-250 truck and a Chevrolet Blazer caused more than $1,000 in damages to those vehicles. Liford is also charged with second-degree persistent felony offender, with prior felony convictions for theft in Laurel County in 2005 and 2006.
• Angela Buehler, 31, also known as Angela Burns, 210 Four Oaks Road, London, and Alan Huffman, 37, 134 Ray Johnson Road, East Bernstadt, first offense manufacturing methamphetamine, possession of controlled substance, fourth-degree controlled substance endangerment to a child and trafficking in marijuana on July 15.
• Christopher Hart, 20, 443 Waterworks Road, London, and Brandy Snapp, also known as Brandy Rudy, 26, 1836-B North Mill St., London, seven counts of second-degree criminal possession of a forged instrument for writing checks in the name of Sandra Cornett, totaling $536.95, in June.
• Jarrod Merriman, 28, 27 Appaloosa Trail, Corbin, first-degree sodomy, two counts of second-degree rape and one count of second-degree sodomy for having sexual intercourse with a child under age 14 during August and September.
• Jason Blackwell, 34, 156 Braxton Lane, Lily; Howard Gibson, 50, 148 Bluegill Road, Woodbine; Cleveland Gibson, no age listed, 1512 Fariston Road, London; and Lisa Johnson, 34, 142 Braxton Lane, London, are all charged with first offense manufacturing methamphetamine on July 21 and fourth-degree controlled substance endangerment to a child for cooking the meth with a child present. Cleveland Gibson faces additional charges of two counts of second-degree possession of controlled substance (hydrocodone and Suboxzone), and two counts of third-degree possession of controlled substance for possessing Alprazolam and Clonazepam. He is also charged with resisting arrest.
• Jamie Cole, 33, 1590 Barwick Road, Jackson, flagrant non-support. He is also charged with first-degree persistent felony offender for two prior felony convictions in Breathitt County in 1998 and 2001 and a third prior felony in Perry County in 1997.
• Randolph Harris, 47, 204 Ky. 57-B North, Annville, theft by deception of $500 or more for issuing a worthless check to Parsley General Tire on June 2, 2008. He is also charged with first-degree persistent felony offender for 10 prior felony convictions, including theft by deception, forgery and theft by failure to make required disposition.
• Daniel Hensley, 35, 1120 South Mayo Trail, Apt. C, Paintsville, first-degree bail jumping for failing to appear in Laurel Circuit Court on Aug. 20.
• Anthony Nantz, 39, 520 Nantz Road, London, cultivating more than five marijuana plants, first offense; possession of marijuana; and possession of drug paraphernalia on July 29.
Staff writer Nita Johnson can be reached by e-mail at email@example.com.