images_sizedimage_325105010

Lily and Campground fire departments responded Monday to a trailer fire on LIme Creek Road. Three people suffered minor injuries.

The investigation is on-going, but Lily Fire Chief Greg Franks said a space heater may have sparked the fire that destroyed a trailer on Line Creek Road Monday.

Franks said evidence indicates that the fire started in the front of the trailer.

“When I arrived the front end was pretty much burned up,” Franks said.

Franks said he is also trying to determine if the trailer had smoke detectors and, if so, were they working.

“I’m a big believer is smoke detectors,” Franks said.

Lily and Campground fire departments were paged to the home about 2 p.m. Monday. Firefighters were intially told three people may have been trapped inside. However, before they arrived on scene, they were notified the people had escaped.

Three people were transported to Saint Joseph-London for treatment of smoke inhalation. One of them was also treated for minor burns.

Firefighters spent two hours at the scene to ensure the fire was extinguished.

Staff Writer Dean Manning may be reached at dmanning@sentinel-echo.com.

React to this story:

0
0
0
0
0

Trending Video

Recommended for you